Sunday, June 9, 2013

Didn't I Say?

Didn't I say, "Don't go there; I am
   your friend.
In this mirage of existence, I am the
   fountain of life."
Even if your anger takes you
a hundred thousand years away,
in the end you will return, for I am
   your goal.
Didn't I say, "Don't be content with
   earthly forms;
I am the designer of the intimate
   chamber of your contentment."
Didn't I say, "I am the sea, and you are a
   single fish;
don't strand yourself on dry land; I am
   your clear sea."
Didn't I say, "Don't get caught
in the trap like a helpless bird;
I am the power of flight -- your feet and
   your wings."
Didn't I say, "They will waylay you and
   make you cold;
I am the fire and your warm desire."
Didn't I say, "They will implant their
   qualities in you
until you forget that the best qualities
   are here."
Didn't I say, "You do not know from
   what direction
your affairs are put in order."
I am the Creator beyond directions.
If light is in your heart, find your
   way home.
If you are of God, know your
   Benefactor.
                  -Rumi (trans. Helminski)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whoever has fingers, let them type.